Opencare is looking for a dynamic and experienced Office Manager to help effectively manage our office and a growing administrative function as we rapidly scale. As Office Manager, you will ensure our office is running efficiently while making sure the team and all visitors are welcome and excited to be here!
We are also currently looking for a new home and your role will be instrumental in ensuring a smooth transition to the new space - helping to frame the next phase of our growth.
Who we are...
Opencare is on a mission to untangle healthcare.
We are passionate believers that preventive care is the best path to optimal health, so we work hard to make getting access to preventative health practitioners as transparent, convenient, and comfortable as possible.
Right now, we are focused on connecting patients to exceptional dental care, which means only recommending the top 10% of dentists in the city. We’re right beside patients every step of the way -- from personalizing the initial search, to making it effortless to book appointments online, and ensuring the actual visit is as enjoyable as possible -- to make sure patients receive an experience that is easy and rewarding.
- Culture is our number one priority - which is why we have such an amazing team! (https://www.opencare.com/culture/)
- We are delivering over $165 million in patient value each year
- Patients love Opencare, giving us a net promoter score higher than their iPhone and Netflix
- Funded by top-tier US venture firms and angels (8VC, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more).
What you will be doing...
- You will help ensure our office is one of the best places to work in the GTA. We’re hiring at a fast pace and we need help making it the most productive, fun, and welcoming environment to work in
- Planning, supporting, and executing fun monthly team building events and bi-annual corporate retreats that everyone will remember including research on team building activities, locations for our retreat, and coordinating logistics around each event;
- Handling one-off research and administrative projects with enthusiasm and a strong eye for detail. Helping the whole team with unique administrative projects keeps everyday interesting and fresh!
- Being the first point of contact for all people visiting our office and making sure everyone feels welcomed and supported from their first encounter with Opencare
- Managing the onboarding of new team members as we grow, going the extra mile to make them feel right at home, and ensure that they have all the tools they need to make an impact at Opencare from Day 1
- Responsibility for our daily team lunches and making sure that no one goes hungry
- General operational management of the space such as ordering of office and kitchen supplies
What you are bringing to Opencare...
- You are a passionate ‘A’ player with at least 2 years of working experience as an Office Manager (or similar role)
- Incredibly organized, detail-oriented and thorough - things don’t slip through the cracks under your watch!
- Excellent communication skills and experience in customer service - always aiming to delight and surprise the team and anyone who walks through our door
- Good technical skills with everyday tools such as Microsoft Office, Google Docs, online scheduling tools, ordering items online, etc
- Demonstrated background as someone who is always willing to help out in any way and eager to get into the details
- Reliability, and a genuine interest in helping others is a must
- You are self-motivated and have experience implementing and initiating projects - looking for areas of improvement in all areas of the office and worklife at Opencare
- Managing high-pressure situations is critical; urgent repairs in the office, assisting in planning and coordinating events, last-minute requests are all a breeze for you!
- You are someone who goes above and beyond and loves taking on extra challenges and responsibilities.
Bonus points for...
- You have worked on a small-to-medium sized team (25-100 people)
- Tech startup experience
- Experience in helping a whole office move into a new space
What we offer you....
- Serious investment in your personal growth: we offer leadership coaching, regular access to a performance psychologist, and mentors in Silicon Valley
- Robust wellness program: full health benefits, peak performance wellness coaches flown in from SF, in-office yoga sessions, a nap & meditation room
- Healthy food and drinks: daily organic catered lunches, snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks
- Unlimited vacation & sick days: we insist that each employee takes adequate time to recharge and avoid burnout
- Top-of-market compensation: we believe that the best people should be compensated as the best people
- Stock options: everyone who works at Opencare owns a part of Opencare and gets considerable financial upside
- Team events: we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (team retreats, monthly events, weekly socials etc.)
- Great downtown location: we have a spacious, open-concept office right at Portland and Adelaide
We’re looking for extraordinary individuals with a passion to make a difference, and the determination to make it happen.
If you believe your experience could add value to Opencare, please consider applying. Experience means different things to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and background makes you a valuable asset to our any team. We know that an open and inclusive environment encourages the most creative problem-solving, and we are always taking on the most challenging problems! Opencare is wholeheartedly committed to adding diverse perspectives and experiences to the team and encourage everyone to apply.