Opencare is on a mission to untangle healthcare.
We are passionate believers that preventive care is the best path to optimal health, so we work hard to make getting access to preventative health practitioners as transparent, convenient, and comfortable as possible.
Right now, we are focused on connecting patients to exceptional dental care, which means only recommending the top 10% of dentists in the city. We’re right beside patients every step of the way -- from personalizing the initial search, to making it effortless to book appointments online, and ensuring the actual visit is as enjoyable as possible -- to make sure patients receive an experience that is easy and rewarding.
- Culture is our number one priority - which is why we have such an amazing team! (https://www.opencare.com/culture/)
- We are delivering over $165 million in patient value each year
- Patients love Opencare, giving us a net promoter score higher than their iPhone and Netflix
- Funded by top-tier US venture firms and angels (8VC, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more).
The Design Team
We’re on a mission to build the best design team in Toronto and we’re looking for someone to be part of this exciting journey. The healthcare industry faces some really interesting, and unique, design challenges and you will be working as part of a talented and dedicated team who are determined to solve these challenges. Our team is excited about coming to work every morning because they get to partner with equally creative, and talented individuals to collaboratively solve challenges.
Our design team has the unique opportunity to influence patients by creating solutions that share engaging information in a digestable way that helps patients realize that visiting a dentist for preventative care is essential for their overall health. In doing so, we positively affect their health now and in the future by showing them that going to the dentist can be an amazing experience.
- Continually help define & solve unique problems for patients, receptionists, doctors, and internal teams.
- Decide how our products and services will behave and look like, whilst working alongside many partners.
- Lead design critiques, gather & provide constructive feedback, and make influential design decisions that shape our product.
- Actively communicate across the whole company to gather feedback while aiding other teams to improve their design thinking skills.
- We entrust our teams to make excellent decisions, so expect to be making highly-impactful decisions from day one!
- Join the design team at its inception with the opportunity to grow the team, sculpt our process, create design values, and launch our design system.
- Eventually learn to love the dentist :)
- 3+ years of UI design and interactive work.
- The mindset that every design decision should be well-thought through, and the best ideas are refined with open, constructive conversations.
- The belief that not everything needs to be “pixel-perfect” if it achieves its goal.
- A strong foundation in data, and track record of using it wherever possible. It can’t be successful if it can’t be measured!
- Experience in maintaining dialogue with users to better understand their needs & motivations.
- Extensive experience designing for mobile web, about 75% of our users are on their phones.
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision.
- Self-motivation and autonomy, you’re able to efficiently run with multiple projects without close supervision ensuring you are delivering against the team’s needs
- Excellent communication skills – you should be able to clearly articulate your design process and decisions.
At Opencare, you'll have:
- Serious investment in your personal growth: we offer leadership coaching, regular access to a performance psychologist, and mentors in Silicon Valley
- Robust wellness program: full health benefits, peak performance wellness coaches flown in from SF, in-office yoga sessions, a nap & meditation room
- Healthy food and drinks: daily organic catered lunches, snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks
- Unlimited vacations & sick days: we insist that each employee takes adequate time to recharge and avoid burnout
- Top-of-market compensation: we believe that the best people should be compensated as the best people
- Stock options: everyone who works at Opencare owns a part of Opencare and gets considerable financial upside
- Team events: we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (team retreats, monthly events, weekly socials etc.)
- Great downtown location: we have a spacious, open-concept office right at Portland and Adelaide
If you believe your experience could contribute to Opencare, please consider applying. Experience means different things to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and background makes you a valuable asset to our any team. We know that an open and inclusive environment encourages the most creative problem-solving, and we are always taking on the most challenging problems! Opencare is wholeheartedly committed to adding diverse perspectives and experiences to the team and encourage everyone to apply.