Opencare is on a mission to untangle healthcare. We believe that preventive care is the best path to optimal health, so we work hard to make the patient experience as transparent, convenient, and comfortable as possible. Today, we are focused on connecting patients to exceptional dental care, which means only recommending the top 10% of dentists in the city. At every step of the patient journey -- from personalizing the initial search, to making it effortless to book appointments online, to ensuring the actual visit is as enjoyable as possible -- we make sure patients are properly cared for throughout the entire process.
- The fastest growing healthcare discovery platform in North America, with over 150,000 healthcare providers.
- Founded by serial entrepreneurs who have built and sold multiple companies.
- A team of A-players that puts culture first: https://www.opencare.com/culture/
- Funded by top-tier US venture firms and angels (Formation 8, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more)
At Opencare, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built and the culture we live and breathe every day. As the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will report to the Business Operations Specialist and CEO, and be all about bringing in the smartest people, protecting our culture as we grow, and running efficient processes to keep the recruiting machine going.
More about the role:
- You will team up with hiring managers to determine talent needs and proactively plan for future roles- expect to own the hiring needs of many;
- You will drive the recruitment process for each position - including job descriptions, postings, interview plans, reference checks, salary recommendations, and closing of candidates;
- You will create robust candidate pipelines by designing and executing measurable outbound recruiting campaigns, using common strategies as well as developing new, outside-of-the-box recruiting ideas;
- You will promote and manage Opencare’s referral program, leveraging our immediate network to find our next team members;
- You will design scalable and repeatable processes to streamline recruitment and interviewing;
- You will own KPIs specifically around recruitment, such as reducing the amount of time it takes to fill a role and increasing the close rate of active and passive candidates;
- You will build and manage Opencare’s reputation as the BEST employer, both internally and externally; and
- You will manage any other special projects related to recruitment as needed.
- You have 3+ years of professional experience in tech talent acquisition, or a similar position, and you LOVE recruitment;
- You have a proven track record of sourcing tech positions - be that software Engineers/Developers, Product Managers, UX Designers, and other technical roles;
- You have a deep understanding of what top talent is, where it hangs out and how to attract it. You are personable and can relate to engineers and salespeople alike;
- You are highly skilled in reading people, spotting potential red flags and getting to the bottom of your concerns as you review candidates in an extremely time effective manner;
- You are able to pick up on the unsaid, and have mastered how to draw information from candidates that would impact hiring decisions;
- You never overlook selling a candidate on the role and company - people have begged you for roles at companies you’ve worked at;
- You have deep knowledge about recruiting and interviewing processes and have developed an efficient framework that allows you to fill a role the most effective way possible;
- You are outcome-oriented and when given a role to fill, you are slightly obsessed with finding the perfect match- you work hard, smart and fast;
- You are self-motivated. You have drive, superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks;
- You don't get easily overwhelmed with multiple competing priorities and tight deadlines;
- You are analytical and make decisions based on data, not just a gut feeling;
- You are natural networker and are known as a ‘Connector’ in your personal and professional life; your rolodex is constantly growing;
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are always thinking about how to do things better. You quickly pinpoint problems and come up with innovative and effective solutions to keep momentum going;
- You have outstanding communication skills and can interact professionally with anyone; and
- You are passionate about making an impact at Opencare and the success of our company.
Bonus points for:
- A professional designation in Human Resources;
- You are familiar with Topgrading;
- You have worked on a small-to-medium size team; and
- Tech startup experience.
At Opencare, you'll have:
- Limitless personal growth - we pay for conferences and training, set you up with mentors in the Silicon Valley, organize and host tech and digital health events, and more.
- Equity options - everyone who works at Opencare owns a part of Opencare.
- Competitive compensation - we don’t want you to worry about your bills, we’d rather you focus on changing the world.
- Full health benefits - dental, vision, prescription drugs, massage. We'll hook you up with the best health providers.
- Shiny new equipment - get the tools you need to be at the top of your performance.
- Unlimited vacations & sick days - we work really hard, but we also make sure we have time to recharge.
- Healthy snacks and relaxing drinks - snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks to keep you charged throughout the day, as well as some adult beverages to unwind at the end
- Fun team environment - we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (office scooters, Jays & TFC games, team offsites, etc.)
- Great downtown location - we have a spacious, open-concept office right at Portland and Adelaide.
We’re looking for extraordinary individuals with a passion to make a difference, and the determination to make it happen.