Opencare is on a mission to untangle healthcare. We believe that preventive care is the best path to optimal health, so we work hard to make the patient experience as transparent, convenient, and comfortable as possible. Today, we are focused on connecting patients to extraordinary dental care, which means only recommending the top 10% of dentists in the city. At every step of the patient journey -- from personalizing the initial search, to making it effortless to book appointments online, to ensuring the actual visit is as enjoyable as possible -- we make sure patients are properly cared for throughout the entire process.
- The fastest growing healthcare discovery platform in North America, with over 150,000 healthcare providers.
- Founded by serial entrepreneurs who have built and sold multiple companies.
- A team of A-players that puts culture first: https://www.opencare.com/cultu...
- Funded by premier US venture firms and angels (Formation 8, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more)
In order to achieve our vision, we need an extraordinary engineering team that is creative, passionate, and user-focused. We are a technology company that happens to be in healthcare, and we treat ourselves as such.
At Opencare, you'll spend your days solving a wide variety of exciting design, product and business problems. This includes new feature development, participating in the design process and working on improving our front end engineering infrastructure. Our engineering team uses the most modern technology and processes available: we deploy to production multiple times per day with our continuous delivery pipeline, we have efficient code review processes on Github, and we are extremely agile with our product planning lifecycle. You will constantly be challenged to learn new technologies, and be given the freedom to solveproblems on your own and learn by doing.
More about the role:
- Working closely with the design and product teams, you will be responsible for developing and delivering high-impact, high-quality, user focused web software.
- You will solve problems across all areas of the business and not be siloed into a narrow area of focus
- You will be responsible for your own goals and be accountable to the work you accomplish and how it positively impacts the business and our users
- You will collaborate directly with all teams to solve complex product and design challenges in efficient and scalable ways
- You will show leadership in the engineering organization by contributing to strategic technology decisions, exploring new technologies that will be leveraged internally, and pairing with other team members to mutually grow your skill sets
- You will be working with our modern stack including Angular, SCSS, Handlebars deployed via a streamlined continuous integration process
- You will directly impact business metrics for a product that is used across North America by hundreds of thousands of people.
- You have an eye for design, attention to detail and can quickly turn a pixel-perfect design into a functional and tested masterpiece of web software
- You have built web software that is used by a large number of users, and understand the nuances and challenges related to scalable systems
- You have worked in agile development environments, have experience with product development lifecycles, and are accustomed to working with product management tools (eg. Pivotal, JIRA)
Bonus points for:
- Tech startup experience
- Experience with customer funnels and customer behaviour analytics tools (eg. Mixpanel)
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience working in a healthcare or wellness related industry
At Opencare, you'll have:
- Serious investment in your personal growth: we offer leadership coaching, regular access to a performance psychologist, and mentors in Silicon Valley
- Robust wellness program: full health benefits, peak performance wellness coaches flown in from SF, in-office yoga sessions, a nap & meditation room
- Healthy food and drinks: daily organic catered lunches, snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks
- Unlimited vacations & sick days: we insist that each employee takes adequate time to recharge and avoid burnout
- Top-of-market compensation: we believe that the best people should be compensated as the best people
- Stock options: everyone who works at Opencare owns a part of Opencare and gets considerable financial upside
- Team events: we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (team retreats, monthly events, weekly socials etc.)
- Great downtown location: we have a spacious, open-concept office right at Portland and Adelaide
We’re looking for extraordinary individuals with a passion to make a difference, and the determination to make it happen.